Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pizza Trip #4: Volare (Cubao)

Add: Araneta Coliseum, Cubao, Quezon City. Metro Manila
Tel: (632) 912-8270
Delivery: No
Price: Moderate
Payment: Cash, Credit Card

This is one of my favourite pizzerias in Metro Manila. Located on the ground floor of the Araneta Coliseum, Volare partly owned by Italian Chef, Giorgino Bucciarelli and serves quality Italian pizza and pasta using natural ingredients at an affordable prize. And when they say they make good pizza, they are correct.



Volare has two pizzerias, one in Cubao and the other is in Robinson's Ermita in Manila. I decided to check out the one in Cubao since this is their first. Its easy to find and its right beside of the entrances to The Gateway Mall.



The inside has a Mediterranean feel to it filled with pictures of food and various sceneries of Italy. The place is clean but lack the gimmicks of Bellini's, another Italian restaurant in the Cubao area. One thing I noticed is the brick oven which I'm sure the pizza will taste great.


I ordered their signature "Volare", a thin crust pizza with mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, anchovies, olive oil and more. I have to say that this is one of the best pizzas I've eaten. The crust was a bit crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and it wasn't burnt. The tomato sauce was fresh and the cheese was tasty. The toppings and olive oil added more flavour to the pizza and it tasted excellent. Plus the price for this is within my budget. The amount you pay (P300-P400) for this kind of pizza is reasonable.

If you are in the Cubao area and wanted to try a really good pizza, I strongly recommend this place. Volare is one of those pizzerias in Metro Manila that you would like to come back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment