Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pizza Trip #1: Di' Mark's (Mandaluyong)

Add: Wack-Wack Road, Mandaluyong
Tel: (632) 723-5008 or (632) 723-6008
Site: http://www.dimarkspizza.com
Delivery: Yes
Price: Moderate
Payment: Cash, Credit Card

Here it is, my first trip in my Manila Pizza blog. I would like to start my trip at one of the oldest pizzerias in Metro Manila. Before the giant corporate pizza chains such as Pizza Hut or Shakeys set foot on Philippine soil, there was Di' Mark's. Started in the late 1950s, the place is still running and has various chains around The Metro.


I decided to visit the one in Mandaluyong which is close to my office. The have a laid back location right near Shaw Blvd before the entrance of the prestigious Wack Wack Golf and Country Club.


I liked the inside of Di' Mark's, at least this branch. The inside give you a feel of a laid back cafe with pastel coloured walls, and various pics of their culinary creations. Service is friendly and helpful plus they have a bathroom in the back kitchen where you can wash your hand before you eat. The only thing Di' Mark's didn't have is a form of entertainment while the guest wait for their food whether its magazines, TV, etc. An exception would be a framed newspaper article hanging in their wall which I read while waiting for my pizza.


I decided to order a medium size Pizza Pro which is composed of homemade anchovies, mushrooms and pepperoni. The price is fair around P300. Finally my pizza arrived on time and I took a bite. The pizza tasted good especially the tomato sauce. The crust tasted good in fact it wasn't either thin or thick crust. Its crispy on the outside but chewy on the inside. The cheese was fine and unlike other New York style pizzas around the city, the pizza was fresh and was not greasy.

I would say that Di' Mark's serves some fine pizzas in a comfortable setting. Plus they have delivery service for those who would want their gourmet pizza but don't have the time to travel there. With these I wouldn't be surprised why they have been serving their creation for decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment